Qantas Wine - Win a share of 10 Million Qantas Points Competition 2021
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am on 3 March 2021 and closes at 11:59pm on 31 March 2021 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to all Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are Australian residents , aged 18 years or older, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (Eligible Entrants).
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must purchase any product available through qantas.com/wine
6. Eligible Entrants will get one entry into the draw for every product purchased. Eligible Entrants will receive three entries into the draw if they purchase any wine product from the following suppliers: Byron & Harold, Printhie, Morambo, Fetherston Wines, Alkoomi, Bethany, Credaro, Gaelic Cemetery, Risky Business, Hewitson, Rosenthal, Altus Rise, Long Gully, Mount Avoca, Serafino, First Creek, Tahbilk, Tomich and Kings Creed including mixed dozens with any of these suppliers’ wines featured in them.
7. Entries are based on products purchased, not number of transactions, for example if an Eligible Entrant purchases 2 cases from an eligible supplier in one transaction, they will receive 6 entries in the draw.
8. Premium Members will receive three entries into the draw on top of the three entries for purchasing from the suppliers listed in clause 6, for example if an Eligible Entrant who is a Premium Member purchases 2 cases from an eligible supplier in one transaction, they will receive 12 entries in the draw. Eligible entrants who purchase a Qantas Wine Premium Membership during the Promotion Period will also get three entries into the draw for their membership purchase and three entries for purchasing from the suppliers listed in clause 6.
9. Eligible Entrants who redeem products through Qantas Wine using Qantas Points between 26 March and 31 March 2021 will receive an additional three entries, this only applies to products that were purchased using points. This is in addition to the three entries for purchasing from the suppliers listed in clause 6 and in addition to the three entries for being a Premium Member specified in clause 8. For example, if a Premium Member purchases 2 cases from an eligible supplier and uses points to redeem products through Qantas Wine between 26 March and 31 March 2021, they will receive 18 entries into the draw.
10. Multiple entries are permitted.
11. Any products purchased during the Promotion Period that are cancelled or returned will not be eligible to receive an entry into the draw.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
13. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that the purchase is made.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
15. There will be one prize draw and ten prizes to be won. The prize draw will take place at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
The first ten eligible entries drawn will win a prize. The draw will take place at 2:00pm (AEDT) on 8 April 2021:
16. The result of the draws is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Each prize consists of one million (1,000,000) Qantas Points. There are 10 prizes of one million Qantas Points each.
The maximum notional value of each Prize is $23,336.45 with a total notional prize pool value of $233,364.50 based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The estimate of maximum notional value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only and will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a Prize Winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each Prize. The Prize value is in Australian Dollars. For example, 24,000 Qantas Points could be redeemed for a return Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to Adelaide plus AU$88 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges, accurate as at 2 December 2020. The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$1052 including taxes fees and carrier charges. To obtain the total notional prize pool value of 10 million Qantas Points, the maximum notional value of each 1 million Qantas Points prize is multiplied by 10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
18 .Within one month of the Prize Draw, the Prize will be automatically credited to the Prize Winner’s Qantas Frequent Flyer account, provided that they are still a current and active Qantas Frequent Flyer member as per the Qantas Frequent Flyer membership Terms and Conditions.
20. The redemption of each Prize is subject to the availability of rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
21. In the event that a Prize is redeemed for reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of Classic Flight Reward seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.
Notification of the winner
22. The winners will be notified by phone and by email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be published on qantaswine.com/win from 15 April 2021 for a period of 28 days, announced in The Australian newspaper on 15 April 2021.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
23. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 9 July 2021 a second chance draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 15 July 2021 at 2.00pm (AEST) at the same location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on qantaswine.com/win from 22 July 2021 for a period of 28 days and they will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 22 July 2021.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
24. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
25. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
26. The exclusion of liability in clause 25 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
27. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
29. Authorised under NSW NTP/####, ACT TP21/#### & SA Licence No. T21/####.
The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol in moderation. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the 'low risk drinking' guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines. A full version of the guidelines is available at: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/health-topics/alcohol-guidelines. Participation in the promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each applicable State or Territory, including responsible service of alcohol. Consumers are also encouraged to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au Liquor Act 2007: It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: LIQP770016736
Short terms and conditions
Qantas Wine Win a Share of 10 Million Qantas Points Competition
Eligible Entrants: Australia resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are aged 18 years or older. Promotion Period: 12.01am (AEDT) on 3 March 2021 to 11:59pm (AEDT) on 31 March 2021 Promoter: Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184). Entry: Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, purchase any product available through qantas.com/wine. Multiple entries permitted.Draw: 2.00pm (AEST) on 8 April 2021 Prizes: 10 prizes of one million Qantas Points each (max. notional value of each Prize is $23,336.45). Prize pool: max. notional value of $233,364.50 (inc. GST). Winner notification: By phone and by email within 2 business days of the draw. Their name will be published on qantaswine.com/win from 15 April 2021, announced in The Australian newspaper on 15 April 2021. Authorised under NSW NTP/####, ACT TP21/#### & SA Licence No. T21/####. View full terms and conditions at qantaswine.com/10-million-points-terms. Authorised under Liquor Act 2007: It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: LIQP770016736