Qantas Wine Australian Wine Month Competition 2021
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEST) on 29 April 2021 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 1 June 2021 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to all Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are Australian residents , aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must purchase any product available through qantas.com/wine
6. Eligible Entrants will get one entry into the draw for every product purchased. Eligible Entrants will receive three entries into the draw if they purchase any wine product from the following suppliers: Leogate Estate Wines, Schwarz Wine Company, Thorn-Clarke Wines, Taylors, Wynns Coonawarra Estate, Haselgrove Wines, Jericho Wines, Hither & Yon, Ottelia, Yabby Lake Vineyard, De Bortoli, Lange Estate, Voyager Estate and Robert Oatley Wines including mixed dozens with any of these suppliers’ wines featured in them.
7. Entries are based on products purchased, not number of transactions, for example if an Eligible Entrant purchases 2 cases from an eligible supplier in one transaction, they will receive 6 entries in the draw.
8. Eligible Entrants who redeem products through Qantas Wine using Qantas Points will receive an additional three entries per product purchased, this only applies to products that were purchased using points. This is in addition to the three entries for purchasing from the suppliers listed in clause 6. For example, if an Eligible Entrant purchases 2 cases from an eligible supplier and uses points to redeem products, they will receive 12 entries into the draw.
9. Multiple entries are permitted.
10. Any products purchased during the Promotion Period that are cancelled or returned will not be eligible to receive an entry into the draw.
11. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
12. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that the purchase is made.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
14. There will be one major prize draw (with one winner) and four weekly draws (each with three (3) winners). The draws will take place at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draws will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer). The weekly prize draws will take place on the following dates:
The Major Prize draw will take place at 2:00pm (AEDT) on 9 June 2021 as per the following:
Entry Period Start Date 12:01am AEST
Entry Period End Date 11:59pm AEST
Draw Date 02:00pm AEST
Winners Announced online
Winners Announced in The Australian
15. The result of the draws are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. There will be a maximum of five prizes consisting of one major prize and four weekly prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$32,379, consisting of a total weekly prize pool of $AU24,000 and a Major Prize pool of $AU8,379 with values based on the recommended retail value and exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
17. The first three (3) eligible entries drawn in each of the four weekly prize draws will receive the following prize;
|Weekly prize detail|
The final eligible entry drawn will win the Major Prize. Winners of the weekly draw will also be eligible for the major prize draw. The Major Prize for two consists of:
|Major prize detail|
Flights for two including:
Accommodation for two including:
4-day car hire
Experiences for two including:
a) The Major Prize is for the winner and their guest (the guest must be 18 years of age or older). Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 30 July 2021. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 30 July 2022 (Travel Period). The Major Prize winner and their guest may extend their trip at their own expense. All travel is subject to availability at all times and maybe dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation partners. Block out periods include 27 June 2021 - 29 July 2021, 15 April 2022 - 18 April 2022 and 2 June 2022 - 28 July 2022.
b) Return flights from the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City airport to Adelaide and Adelaide to the winner’s nearest Australian Capital City are on services operated by Qantas Airways Limited only. Return flights are not open returns and a fixed return date will be issued on booking.
c) Accommodation and flights for the Major Prize winner and guest are not upgradable. Qantas Wine is not responsible for additional accommodation costs including hotel damages caused by the Major Prize winner or companion, room service and incidentals.
d) In the event of an accident - or damage to the vehicle - Qantas Wine is not responsible for payment of insurance excess or repair costs of the vehicle. The exact cost of insurance excess for car hire will be stated on the hire contract.
18. The Major Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the Major Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and their guest. It is the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and their guest to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
19.The Major Prize winner must be available to travel during the stated Travel Period. Inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeit of the Major Prize. The Major Prize winner and their guest must travel together on all prize travel and will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points. Delivery of the 4 weekly prizes will be made within 30 days from the prize draw date.
20. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
21. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes, or any portion of a prize, are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
22. Weekly prize: The winners will be notified by email on the following dates:
- Monday 10 May 2021
- Monday 17 May 2021
- Monday 24 May 2021
- Monday 31 May 2021
The winner’s names of each weekly prize draw will be published on qantaswine.com/win on the Monday of each competition week from 10 March 2021 to 31 May 2021, for a minimum of 28 days.
Major Prize: The winner will be notified by phone and by email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and the email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be published on qantaswine.com/win from 15 June 2021 for a period of 28 days, announced in The Australian newspaper on 17 June 2021.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
23. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If a prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEST) on 9 September 2021 a second chance draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 23 September 2021 at 2.00pm (AEST) at the same location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner/s determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their name/s will be published on qantaswine.com/win from 27 September 2021 for a period of 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
24. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
25. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
26. The exclusion of liability in clause 25 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
27. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
28. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
29. Authorised under NSW NTP/01570, ACT TP21/0052, SA Licence No. T21/487 The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol in moderation. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the 'low risk drinking' guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines. A full version of the guidelines is available at: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/health-topics/alcohol-guidelines. Participation in the promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each applicable State or Territory, including responsible service of alcohol. Consumers are also encouraged to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au . Liquor Act 2007: It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: LIQP770016736
Qantas Wine Australian Wine Month Competition 2021
Eligible Entrants: Australian residents Qantas Frequent Flyer members who are aged 18 years or older who have purchased a product from qantas.com/wine during the Promotion Period. Promotion Period: 12.01am (AEST) on 29 April 2021 to 11:59pm (AEST) on 1 June 2021 Promoter: Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184). Entry: Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, purchase any product available through qantas.com/wine Multiple entries permitted. Draws: 1 Major Prize draw at 2.00pm (AEST) on 9 June 2021 and 4 weekly prize draws between 7 May 2021 and 28 May 2021 at 2:00pm (AEST) Prize: 1.One Major Prize valued at $8,379 including a trip to the Barossa Valley, accommodation, flights and experiences for 2 people. Travel must be taken by 30 July 2022. 2. Four weekly draws, with a total of three prizes in each draw. Each prize is a $2,000 Qantas Hotels voucher. Total maximum value of all weekly prizes is $24,000. The maximum total prize pool is $32,379. Winner notification: 1.Major prize - By phone and by email within 2 business days of the draw. Their name will be published on qantaswine.com/win from 15 June 2021, announced in The Australian newspaper on 17 June 2021. 2. Weekly Prizes: By email and on qantaswine.com/win every Monday following the draw. View full terms and conditions at qantaswine.com/australian-wine-month-terms. Authorised under NSW NTP/01570, ACT TP21/0052, SA Licence No. T21/487. Liquor Act 2007: It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: LIQP770016736