Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Acceptance of the prize is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Qantas Frequent Flyer Operations Pty Limited ABN 22 132 484 210 of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184) (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 15 March 2023 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) on 16 April 2023 (Promotion Period).
4. Entry is open to Australia residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members (excluding Northern Territory residents), aged 21 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of Mike Da Silva and Associates (AUST) Pty Ltd ABN 50 003 894 022 (MDSA) and each of their related bodies corporate
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, during the Promotion Period, Eligible Entrants must purchase any wine, Champagne, beer or spirit from qantas.com/wine. Eligible Entrants will receive one entry into the draw for every product they purchase e.g if an Eligible Entrant purchases 6 cases in one transaction, they will receive 6 entries. Multiple entries are permitted. Eligible Entrants that purchase any wines from select partners will receive three entries into the draw for every product purchased e.g if an Eligible Entrant purchases 6 cases from select partners in one transaction, they will receive 18 entries. Multiple entries are permitted. Any products purchased during the Promotion Period that are canceled or returned will not be eligible to receive an entry into the draw.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
7. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time that the purchase is made.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
9. The Draw will be conducted at 2.00pm (AEST) on 15 May 2023. Winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The name of the winner will be published on wine.qantas.com/win from 22 May 2023for a period of 28 days.
10. The draw will take place at Mike Da Silva & Associates (Australia) Pty Ltd (MSDA), Level 16, 1 Denison Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
11. There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is AU $47,000 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
12. The prize is a trip to Italy for four (4) people - the winner and their guest, both aged 21 years or over, with a maximum value of AU $47,000, and includes:
Return economy class airfares for four (4) from winners nearest Australian capital city to Rome (returning from Florence, Italy).
All airline and airport taxes
One way private transfer from Rome airport to accommodation in Rome
4 nights, 4 star accommodation in Rome - twin room (or similar) with breakfast included x two Rooms
3 in 1 Cooking Class Piazza Navona: Fettuccine Ravioli and Tiramisu
Small-Group Tour of Colosseum Underground, Arena and Forum
One way private transfer from Rome accommodation to Rome train station
One way standard train ticket for 4 people from Rome train station to Florence train station
One way private transfer from Florence train station to Florence accommodation
4 nights, 4 star accommodation in Florence - twin room (or similar) with breakfast included x 2 rooms
Guided Florence historic sights tour via golf cart.
Guided Tuscany day trip from Florence - explore Siena and Chianti, then 3-course Tuscan lunch and wine tasting.
One way private transfer from Florence accommodation to Florence airport
AUD $4,000 spending money
13. Travel must be taken between 22 May 2023 and 22 May 2024 (Travel Period). Thewinner and their guest may extend their trip at their own expense. The winner must confirm their travel dates with Qantas two months prior to the travel date. Block out periods include from 20 December 2023 until 31 January 2024 along with any government public holidays, Australian School & Public Holidays along with all other special event periods.The Promoter will arrange the itinerary of the Prize and provide this to the Winner.
14. Return flights to and from the winner and guest's nearest Australian Capital City airports to the destination will be on services operated by Qantas Airways Limited or codeshare partners. Return flights are not open returns and a fixed return date will be issued on booking. Accommodation and flights for the Prize winner and guest are not upgradable. Qantas is not responsible for additional accommodation costs including hotel damages caused by the Prize winner or their guest, room service and incidentals.
15. The Prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the tickets. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize does not include travel insurance, spending money, meals or taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest. It is the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guest to ensure that they have full and correct documentation for travel. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ general Conditions of Carriage.
16. The Prize winner and their guest must be available to travel during the stated Travel Period, inability to travel during this time will result in the forfeiture of the Prize. The Prize winner and their guest will not accrue Qantas Points on any element of the prize. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or using Qantas Points.
17. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
18. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19. The winner will be notified by phone and by email within 2 business days of the draw using the phone number and email address listed in their Qantas Frequent Flyer profile as applicable, and their name will be published on wine.qantas.com/win from 22 May 2023 for a period of 28 days and the Prize winner will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 22 May 2023.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5.30pm (AEDT) on 15 August 2023 a second chance draw will be conducted by the Promoter on 22 August 2023 at 2:00pm (AEST) at the same location as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and in writing within 2 business days of the draw and their names will be published on wine.qantas.com/win from 29 August 2023 for a period of 28 days and the Major Prize winner will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 29 August 2023.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
22. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in clause 24 above does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a. for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or b. to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
26. Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/06071, ACT TP23/00314, SA Licence No. T23/226
27. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol in moderation. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the 'low risk drinking' guideline recommended in the National Health & Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines. A full version of the guidelines is available at: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/your-health/alcohol-guidelines. Participation in the promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each applicable State or Territory, including responsible service of alcohol. Consumers are also encouraged to visit the Australian Government’s information site for alcohol at www.alcohol.gov.au Liquor Act 2007 (NSW): It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: (NSW) LIQP770016736, SA 57900154.
^Italy Competition: Qantas Airways Limited. Promotion Period: 12.01am (AEDT) 15 March 2023 to 11:59pm (AEST) 16 April 2023. Eligible Entrants: Australian resident Qantas Frequent Flyer members (excluding NT), aged 21 years or older. Entry: Eligible Entrants must purchase any wine, beer, Champagne or spirit product from qantas.com/wine. Multiple entries permitted. Draw: 2.00pm (AEST) on 15 May 2023 at MDSA, Level 16, 1 Denison Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. Prize: A trip to Italy for the winner and three 3 guests valued at a maximum AU$47,000. Winner notification: By phone and email within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published on wine.qantas.com/win on 22 May 2023 and the Prize winner will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 22 May 2023. View full terms and conditions at https://wine.qantas.com/terms-and- conditions-competitions. License No. T20/1184 Liquor Act 2007 (NSW): It is an offense to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: NSW LIQP770016736, NT IRL0201, SA 57900154. Authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/06071, ACT TP23/00314, SA Licence No. T23/226. Qantas Frequent Flyer Operations Pty Limited ABN 22 132 484 210 of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 02 9578 4184).
**Patron: Offer ends 6 April 2023 11:59pm (AEDT) unless sold out prior. Qantas may withdraw or extend these offers at any time. To view the Qantas Wine T&Cs, please visit here.
Liquor Act 2007 (NSW): It is an offence to sell or supply to or to obtain liquor on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. Licence Number: NSW LIQP770016736, NT IRL0201, SA 57900154