Heirloom Vineyards was conceived in vintage 2000, when a young winemaking student caught the eye of a silly old wine judge. A love story ensued inspired by two vows: To preserve the best of tradition, the old world of wine and our unique old vineyards and to champion the best clones of each variety planted in the most appropriate sites embracing the principals of organic and biodynamic farming. Seven long vintages of trial and error passed before Heirloom Vineyards could make a wine that was fine enough to pass on to future generations.
This Heirloom Vineyards Shiraz was sourced from hand tended vines, sorted bunch by bunch, naturally open fermented, with gentle pumping over to extract colour, flavour and tannin. Aged in some new but mainly 3 and 4 year year old American and French oak barrels for 16 months.
- International Wine & Spirit Competition 2020 - 94 Points
- Women’s Wine & Spirits Awards 2020 – Double Gold Medal
- China Wine & Spirits Best Value 2021 - Gold Medal
- San Francisco International Wine Show 2020 – Silver Medal
- Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition 2020 – Silver Medal